June 23, 2010

Sheckys Girls' Night Out NYC Edition!

Back in March we wrote about this event and how dreadful it was because of the amount of people and the lack of breathing room. This time I had a ball with my sister and sister in law; it was their first Sheckys event and they are coming back the next time they are in town.

This time, we went on a Thursday and it was super. We were able to walk the aisles and get drinks without having to wait a single minute on a line. Lean Cuisine had a kiosk in which they introduced their latest products. There was also a beer pairing, which of course I couldn't participate in. Maybelline had a makeover section that of course everyone wanted to do, and I didn't feel like standing in line for a long period of time. My fellow Scribble did however, and she said that it was not really worth the wait. It was a small makeup touch-up/consultation. On another note, I won a chapstick on the 92.3 Now radio station wheel!

To celebrate their website launch, Sheckys also had a point collection system that will allow you to get a prize based on the amount of points collected every time you make a purchase. I forgot to redeem mine even though I didn't have enough to get anything, but didn't ask if this can be carried over. My sister purchased a beautiful pair of earrings from Lia Sophia, and a candle from another vendor whose name escapes me at the moment. I purchased some soap from Body Blessing and we all pooled our money together to purchase underwear from Lolly 38. Of course, the fun part was not in finding the size, but picking out what flirty, sexy wording we wanted printed on the back of the lingerie ;)

The goodie bag, as always, was super. I have not found another event that can rival this one in that area.
The contents of the bag were:
Dr. Scholl's® For Her Open Shoe® Insoles 
Suave Naturals Body wash
Febreze Flameless Luminary Started Kit and two refills
Febreze Room Spray
Febreze Scented Reed Diffuser
Band-aid DryFit Flexible Fabric
Kiss Nail File
Jergens Original Scent
Jergens Shea Butter
Nivea Body Happy Sensation
Goody Color Collection
Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer
Aveeno Shampoo and Conditioner
Eez-Thru Flossers
Venus Embrace
Dentek Floss Picks
Lady Speed Stick Stainguard
A Book by author Karin Slaughter - Undone
Rembrandt Toothpaste
Colgate Max White Toothpaste
Suave Body Lotion Aloe with Cucumber
Vita Fusion 
The Body Shop Love Etc...
and A Pair of Heart Shape sunglasses (which my niece is going to adore ;))