March 22, 2010

SHECKY’S GIRLS NIGHT OUT in NEW YORK CITY

Shecky’s is one of the leaders in fashion and lifestyle, targeting female audiences from all over the nation providing just about anything and everything in today’s market from fashion to beauty. This is definitely an event where all the “girlfriends” gather up for a fun night filled with trendy fashion, cosmetics, beautiful jewelry, juicy drinks and best of all... a goody bag!

My first introduction to Shecky’s was during a search for events during the 2009 Holiday Season, where I came across a site featuring a discount for Shecky’s Holiday Night Out. I took advantage of the offer and it was love at first sight when I arrived at this event. However, this past March, Shecky’s Girls Night Out was a bust - in my opinion. The change of venues (from The Puck Building to 82 Mercer) played a big part for my lack of enjoyment; this venue was not as elegant or spacious as the previous one used for the Shecky’s Holiday Night Out event. It was a 4 day event and I waited for the last day to attend. Bad idea. The place was crowded, it looked like NYC traffic. It was so bad that I couldn’t get to some of the vendors. I waited 15 minutes to get a drink in one of the bar areas. As per the vendors while great, some were a tad over priced.

On the other hand, the goody bag was great. See picture.
The vendor selection was plentiful, ranging from beauty products to jewelry, erotic toys, baby items, lingerie, greeting cards and even beer pairing.

Buy With Me had a table and were offering cupcakes if you updated your status with something funny on Facebook.


The best deal of the night was from CitySlips, their foldable flats sell for $25. But if you purchase 2 or more you get them for $20. Unfortunately they didn’t have my size.

As always, saturated with jewelry, but there were a few who stood out. Like belt buckle bling. I can’t remember the company but indulge yourself with the pictures. ;P 
Booty Parlor Just the name should make you aware of what they sale, check out their site and you won’t be disappointed. 
Dirty Doll Lingerie is phenomenal, but their prices are a bit high for my budget, but it is something I can ask Santa (husband) for. ;P

Why highlight when you can tinsel tie? Yo Yo LipGloss had a "product testing" and we offered our wonderful hair for models; this was last friday, march 12. Today is friday, march 19, and Silent Cry still has her tinsel in her hair, after several washes, drying, and combing. Yami yanked hers out by mistake that very same night!

The music was great, but again with the cacophony of people, you couldn’t even hear the vendors do their sales pitch; thank God for lip reading and demonstrations.

What I love about Shecky’s is finding the newest beauty products and hottest trends. It’s also a great way to network and make some new friends who totally empathize with my beauty and fashion addiction.

To see more photos become a fan on FACEBOOK