April 30, 2010

Spring Handmade Cavalcade


Mother’s Day is around the corner and most of you like me don’t have a clue what to get for the most important women in our lives; flowers, cards, and jewelry, how about something unique? We or most of us, are familiar with Etsy, Made it Myself and 1000 Markets. But if you are like me, I like to see touch and feel what I am going to purchase, especially if it is vintage or upcycle items.

This past weekend we attended the The Spring Handmade Cavalcade presented by The {NewNew} and I got my mother this beautiful Bingo clock from New York Clocks . There were other amazing crafters as well. One in particular that caught my eye, was a display of tier trays constructed from leftover china. If you miss it, don’t! Because the Brooklyn Lyceum Spring Craft & Food Market is this coming Saturday and Sunday, May 1 + 2, 11am to 7pm @ 227 4th Avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY  11215, between Union and President Streets and Crafts in Chelsea Saturday May 8, 2010, 10am – 5pm @ 21st street between 8-9 Avenues, NYC are coming; and those are two more chances for you to get mom that unique gift.